March 17, 2020 | News
As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds, Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE) remains committed to providing the highest quality of supports and services. Our top priority is the well-being of those we are honored to serve and our dedicated staff. We are committed to serving the needs of the individuals we serve while also having the privilege and responsibility of providing an essential service that our communities rely on.
During this public health crisis, our approach is informed by guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local health officials. We remain committed to our mission and providing many of the services we have offered for over 40 years to Long Island, Queens and New York City.
• Most importantly we have all of the essential supplies and services to safely care for those we serve. This includes CD approved sanitation supplies as well as the personal protective equipment.
• We launched our own in-house FREE-POD food and supplies delivery service. Demand for grocery delivery has exponentially increased amid the novel coronavirus pandemic while the large service companies are finding it challenging to meet the growing need. FREE-POD delivers door-to-door food and other essential household items and personal protective equipment to each of our homes, independent housing and individuals living with their families. Experienced FREE team members are delivering the items that have been greatly appreciated.
• Streamlining new hire orientation to provide online uninterrupted training and development of new employees
• Redeploying staff and resources to the sites where needed to ensure the continuity of support and services
• Managing staff coverage and being very mindful of the needs of the agency, as well as personal health concerns
• Offering remote services to day and community habilitation to persons living at home to provide continuity of services
• Sanitizing our program sites and residences regularly; deep cleaning as necessary
• Following the safety protocols and visitor restrictions recommended by federal, state and local agencies
• Keeping the people we serve who show symptoms isolated as best as we can, and ensuring they receive appropriate medical care
• Utilizing telemedicine to access medical care virtually
• Encouraging social distancing, as challenging as that is for the healthcare industry
• Keeping the people we serve and those who serve them informed, safe and supported
• FREE administrators and medical personnel are available 24/7 to triage health-related concerns and answer any questions our teams may have
We are more than ever committed to the safety, health, and well-being of the people we serve, our staff, and the community.
As we work together to navigate through the COVID-19 public health crisis, we remain dedicated to providing critical services to the most vulnerable individuals and families who need our support now more than ever.
As we cope with this public health crisis we need your help to ensure that FREE is able to provide increased services and supports in the coming weeks and months ahead.
Your gift to FREE will make a difference and help us continue to address the pressing needs of the thousands of lives who are relying on us right now for their emotional and physical health.
We hope we can count on you to help us by making an online donation.
Thank you so much for your compassion and generosity. We are in this together and we will get through this with the support of caring people like you.