Family Wellness Center
Family Wellness Center proudly serving the Long Island Community for over ten years!
The mission of the Family Wellness Center is to provide outpatient community-based healthcare services by highly qualified and caring practitioners in a comfortable and easily accessible location.
The Family Wellness Center is part of Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. In 2000, the Board of Directors and agency administrators saw a need with the Mentally Retarded/ Developmentally Disabled (MR/DD) population for quality healthcare within a timely manner. Some MR/DD individuals had a challenging time finding healthcare practitioners that accepted their insurance and had minimal wait times to obtain an appointment. Administrators wanted to provide a healthcare center where individuals of all abilities and walks of life can receive quality services by well trained practitioners who understood their needs. To review some Clincian Bios, please click here
The Family Wellness Center became a certified Department of Health Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center in 2001 and opened with only a few services: Primary Care, Mental Health, and Rehabilitation. Since then, the Family Wellness Center has grown exponentially. This healthcare facility now is home to over 15 different specialties, including Dental, Neurology, Dermatology, and Endocrinology. The Family Wellness Center continues its efforts to satisfy the needs of its diverse patient population.
On April 2009, the Family Wellness Center was approved by the Office of Persons With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) to incorporate an Article 16 clinic. The Article 16 designation has many advantages, particularly the ability to provide off-site therapeutic services to patients when clinically indicated.
Senior Solutions at the Family Wellness CenterPeople over the age of 50 are at increased risk for conditions that may limit their functional status. Functional status may be defined as the ability to function independently in the physical, mental and social realms of life. This risk increases with age and includes impaired vision and hearing, loss of mobility and falls. Additionally, common geriatric syndromes of cognitive impairment, malnutrition and urinary incontinence also increase with age. The Family Wellness Center is introducing its new "Senior Solutions" program which can assess and treat syndromes and symptoms associated with aging, such as memory loss, decline in motor skills, dementia, mood disturbance and other health challenges associated with aging. Services offered include medical, psychological, psychiatric, vision, hearing, physical therapy, dental and nutrition. Ask about our Senior Solutions the next time you make an appointment.
Family Wellness Center Information
- Our fully modernized and expanded center in Hauppauge, New York provides a wide variety of medical and therapeutic services to facilitate a coordinated and holistic approach to meeting patients’ healthcare needs.
- The Family Wellness Center is open six days per week:
- Monday – Thursday: 8 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 8 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: By Appointment
- Transportation is available Monday through Friday on a first come, first serve basis. Please inform our reception staff when making an appointment if you are in need of this service. Click here for directions to the Family Wellness Center.
- In addition to providing Primary Care services, Family Wellness Center has the following specialties available on-site to foster a “team approach” to patient wellness. For a full description of each service, please click here.
- The Family Wellness Center accepts Medicaid, Medicare, Emblem Health, and Cigna. Sliding Scale available for those that qualify.
- Click here to download vital Family Wellness Center paperwork; the New Patient Packet, Authorization for Release of Information, Notice of FREE Privacy Practices - Dept. Of Health Services and Notice of FREE Privacy Practices - Mental Hygiene Services.
|Occupational Therapy||Speech Therapy|