Transition To Work
As in all of life's transitions, successful transition to a life of work requires the right supports. Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE) supports the men and women we are privileged to serve and their families to navigate through what is often viewed as a maze of systems and changes.
Our network and collaborations work in harmony to best coordinate results-oriented employment processes; sequencing activities to ease movement from the world of school, day services and community habilitation programs to the world of work.
Transition to Work at FREE, Inc. will assist in focusing transition service plans for differently-abled youth and adults; mapping out activities leading to a life of independence, inclusion and full workforce participation.
We invite you to explore Transition to Work resources and services that are offered through our network at FREE, Inc:
- We are here for you. Please familiarize yourself with the resources and guidance we provide for families in transition.
- Connect to Transitional Referrals and Navigational Supports with our Service Coordinators
- Nourish Empowerment and Self Direction through our Behavioral Health Supported Personal Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) Program
- Explore Meaningful Work Experiences and Job-Readiness Opportunities at our Day Services Programs
- Advance Vocational Skills through Our Integrated and Supported Employment Services
- Engage in the Affirmative Business Opportunities growing throughout the FREE, Inc. network
- Maximize the Potential for Independence and Wholistic Integration through our Community Living and Support Opportunities
- Experience the innovative OPTS program at Saddle Rock Ranch
- Acquaint yourself with a unique program dovetailed with an Artisan Gift Shop
For questions or for more information on FREE's Transition to Work services, please contact Noreen Ohrich, MA, Transition to Work Coordinator at (631) 689-2525 ext. 2512 or email her at NOhlrich01@familyres.org
Click on the links below for additional resources for transitioning to the workforce:
Informative Office Of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) Links:
School to Work Resources