Day Services Hauppauge
EDDIE C. MOORE DAY SERVICES
120 Plant Avenue
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Fax: (631) 273-4115
FREE’s Adult Day Services in Hauppauge, NY assists individuals of all abilities achieve goals through a person-centered program. The flexible services enable participants to develop enhanced independence, integration, individualization, and productivity through a personal choice of activities.
Participation in a wide variety of opportunities that promote independence, work readiness skills and community integration. The program also offers participant-driver groups such as the Self-Advocacy Committee, whose members advocate for themselves and their peers and their peers and encourage participation in local charitable endeavors.
Consumer Advisory Board
Our Day Services Hauppauge facility offers our participants the opportunity to self determin the services they'd like to take an active part in.
These activities include but are not limited to:
- Workplace Preparation Skills
- Volunteerism Opportunities such as Keep Islip Clean, Smithtown Animal Shelter, Pet Smart and Saddle Rock Ranch, just to name a few.
- Sports Activities - Inter-Agency Basketball league and volley ball
- Special Events such as Holiday Dances, Karoke, Talent Shows.
- Agricultural learning and volunteer opportunities at the Farm At St. Joseph's
- Collaborations with sister agencies in the areas of self-advocacy, cross trainings, adoption of local food pantries and fundraising to benefit local charities.
- Community Our experiences with Aktion, Bide-A-Wee and other local animal shelters, Long Island Harvest and St. Anne's Parish
I love the program. I feel very comfortable with Michael there. I know he is being taken care of. It's very important to me that I can come to the program anytime to see my son. The place is clean and is always decorated so nicely. I am grateful for the staff. The HS has been in the classroom for about 5 years so Michael has consistency. The staff advocates for the consumers. Michael gets to go on trips in the community and he participates in many activities.